- NEW Small Canon Desktop Photocopiers Achieve ADVANCE Status
- The Canon imageRUNNER 1133/iR 1133 MFP/Photocopiers Series
- The Canon imageRUNNER 1700 Series Photocopier/MFPs
- Canon imageRUNNER 2530 MFP Wins BERTL 2011 Award - Best Monochrome Multifunction Printer/Photocopier
- ‘Blame it on the Photocopier’ – Photocopiers in the News
- Canon 'Scan-and-Print' - Scanning to and Printing from Canon imageRUNNER Advance Photocopiers/MFP's 'on the Cloud'!
- Canon EXPO – Canon Cameras, Canon Photocopiers and a Whole Lot More
- The Canon imageRUNNER Advance C2020/30 MFP
- The Canon copier imageRUNNER 5000 Series has been replaced by the imageRUNNER Advance
- Canon imageRUNNER Advance 9060 Pro Printer Wins EDP Multifunction Printing Award
- New Canon Black and White Photocopiers/Printers – A Winner at On Demand
- International Exhibition, IPEX, Reveals Major Shifts in the Global Printing Industry
- Canon Launch New Monochrome Commercial Digital Printers
- New Canon imageRUNNER 2500 MFP range brings cheaper, high performance black and white printing, scanning and copying
- Canon Reveals Study on the Impact of the Economic Downturn on the Printing Industry
- Black and White Photocopiers Fighting Back
Canon imageRUNNER Advance 9060 Pro Printer Wins EDP Multifunction Printing Award
Monday, 21 June 2010 15:43
Another month and yet another accolade for Canon. This time, the European Digital Press Association (EDP) has honoured Canon’s flagship imageRUNNER Advance 9060 Pro multifunction printer with a coveted EDP Award. Impressed with the engine’s speed, higher paper capacity, superb software integration and consistently good quality output, the EDP Technical Committee singled-out the imageRUNNER Advance 9060 Pro as 2010’s ‘Best High End Multifunction Printer’. Here, we'll tell you a little more about the EDP Awards, what impressed the judging committee and how Canon UK has greeted the news.
The European Digital Press Association (EDP) Awards
The European Digital Press Association grants the EDP Awards to what they believe to have been the best products introduced within European markets in any given year. The aim of the awards is to recognise the immense value that is invested into research and development by certain manufacturers in the printing industry and to highlight these achievements for industry professionals and end-users alike.
The logo which identifies the EDF Award and with which award-winning products are permitted to associate themselves has become a very prestigious hall-mark within the industry and designates the highest quality and innovation.
Primary Judgement Criteria
Each year the EDP Awards are judged by an eminent technical committee, comprising of independent experts, consultants, industry news editors, engineers and other noted industry professionals. From the 2010 EDP Awards Committee, some of the key figures: Sophie Matthews Paul is Technology Editor at Image Reports, Martin Spear is founder of Publisher, Chris Cooke is Publishing Director at Image Reports, Herman Hertman is Editor-in-Chief at SignPro Benelux and Luca Chievageto is an Adobe certified Photoshop instructor and expert.
Evaluation is primarily judged on innovation. The EDP Technical Committee look for products that can offer the latest technological advances but advances which are at the same time reasonably accessible to most typical market buyers, ie. EDP Award winners should always be reasonably affordable within their product category. As far as technical improvements are concerned, in the printing industry, these usually take the form of higher print speeds, better quality printing, higher levels of usability and functionality and effective reductions to a product's overall environmental impact.
EDP Association is so strict about their selection standards for the awards that if their rigorous criteria cannot be met by products within a certain category, they simply won’t announce a winner in the given category for that year’s EDP Awards.
Why the Canon imageRUNNER Advance 9060 Pro?
This year’s categories for the EDP Awards were ‘Post-Press’, ‘Software’, ‘Printing Consumables’ and ‘Printing Engines’, with the imageRUNNER Advance 9060 Pro taking the only award in the ‘Printing Engines’ category, as ‘best high end multifunction printer’. In the Technical Committee’s verdict, available on the EDP’s website, they praised the iR ADV 9060 Pro multifunction printer for
"Its very fast 60 page per minute printing, higher paper capacity and seemless integration of Adobe Life Cycle Management [software]"
The EDP were also impressed with the consistently high standards of printing output, with print quality and speed being consistent in either colour or black and white modes, providing users with the ability to print mixed colour and black and white, without changes in productivity.
On hearing the news, Canon’s Head of Product Marketing at Canon Business Solutions UK, Trevor Dodsworth, had to say,
"We’re delighted that the imageRUNNER ADVANCE C9060 PRO has won this award. It has proved to be exceptionally popular since its launch and this is a fantastic accolade. The innovative technology in this printer offers customers a scaleable solution that can grow in tandem with their business and help them to make a leap to a new area of business involving digital print."
The Canon imageRUNNER Advance 9060 Pro multifunction printer has been available at all Canon accredited UK Canon Business Solutions suppliers since September 2009. The recently released imageRUNNER Advance 8000 Pro series, introduced to the UK market this June, offers the same performance as the 9060 Pro but for buyers only looking for monochrome (black and white) output.