- The Canon ImageRUNNER ADVANCE 4200 Series
- Global Warming - Could Sustainable Printers be the Answer?
- Canon MFP Security Checklist - The Defences that Could Save Thousands...
- How Canon USA Has Slashed its Energy Consumption
- Fears Over Multifunction Printer (MFP) Security Raised by USA Today
- Why Canon Believes Speed isn't Everything When it Comes to Photocopiers
- Roof Tiles, Cement and Freshwater River Conservation - Canon's Cartridge Recycling Programme
- Canon imageRUNNER Photocopiers and MFPs at BERTL 2011 Awards
- Considering Used Photocopiers? Why?
- Canon Photocopiers Future-Proofed
- The Effects of the Japanese Earthquake and Tsunami on the Photocopiers Industry
- The New Canon imagePRESS C7010VPS Series of Digital Production Presses/Printers
- Leading UK Photocopiers Supplier, Canon Copiers, Launches New Website and Logo
- Update on Japan’s Photocopiers Manufacturers
- An Environmental Black Hole? What Can be Done to Limit Environmental Impact in the Office…?
- “Photocopier Sickness” - How Photocopiers Can Affect Health
- ‘Blame it on the Photocopier’ – Photocopiers that Have Made the Headlines
- Five of the Best... Office Supplies Websites - Office Furniture, Photocopiers and More
- Advertising in a Recession – How Photocopiers have Become the DIY Marketeer’s Best Friend
- Canon imageRUNNER Photocopiers/Printers Win Two BLI 2011 ‘Pick’ Awards
- Photocopiers: 2010 Round-Up for Canon
- Canon Leads the Way with Greener Photocopiers - MFPs and Network Printers
- The Office Equipment Index (OEI) - 3rd Quarter 2010
- Canon is Magic according to Gartner MQ MFP & Printer results
- Is Your MFP or Copier Secure
- Canon Multifunction Printer Buyers Lab Awards 2010 Winners
- China Takes the Lead in the Global Printing Business
- Canon Launches ‘Business Leap’ Competition
- New Canon Copiers Website Launched
- Office Equipment Rankings and Awards - A Guide for the Perplexed
- Top Ten Energy Saving Tips for Photocopiers
- Photocopiers: A Round-up of the Last Year
- Canon Set to Release ImageRUNNER ADVANCE Series
- The Canon ImagePRESS Printer Wins On Demand Best of Show Award
- Canon Make Calculators Out of Recycled Photocopiers
- Environmental Developments in the Photocopier Industry
- Canon Release New iR10xx Photocopier Range
- New Photocopiers and the Environment
- The Impact of IKON Being Acquired by Ricoh
- Credit Crunch Impact on Copier Industry
- Photocopiers Become WiFi Enabled
- Fleet Management of Office Equipment
- Output Options Available For Photocopiers
- Improved Security in Photocopiers
- Accessibility of Photocopiers
Tuesday, 01 February 2011 08:00
The world’s leading document imaging product and solutions evaluators, Buyers Laboratory Inc. (BLI) have just announced the winners of their 50th anniversary, 2011 ‘Pick’ Awards. For Canon, yet again, it has been another very successful BLI Awards. Not only did the document imaging solutions manufacturer take away honours in the scanning and software solutions category but two of its A3 Multifunction Printers (MFP’s)/Photocopiers also took home awards. Both the Canon imageRUNNER Advance 6075 and the imageRUNNER Advance 6055 printers/photocopiers were praised for their extraordinary reliability and high productivity and received awards in the ‘Outstanding Monochrome MFP Printing at 71 to 80ppm A3’ and ’51 to 60ppm A3’ respectively.
The BLI Awards
Buyers Laboratory Inc. (BLI) announce their ‘Pick of the Year’ Awards twice yearly and 2011 marks the awards’ 50th anniversary. The ‘Pick’ awards are decided when the BLI’s test technicians and editorial teams exhaustively review all of the equipment and solutions which have been through the BLI’s evaluation process during the previous six months. The BLI’s evaluation procedure is the most rigorous in the industry with continuous testing over 3 months (in the case of photocopiers, printers and MFP’s) for reliability, productivity, image quality, paper handling, ink yields, multitasking performance, ease of use, connectivity, as well as a number of other performance criteria. So when it comes to the BLI’s ‘Pick of the Year’ Awards, technicians and product editors are not short of information. Specific devices are singled-out with individual ‘Pick of the Year’ Awards which represent the ‘best of the best’ from competitor products. The ‘Line of the Year’ Award is awarded to the OEM with the best overall line-up and the ‘Outstanding Achievement Award’ goes to those manufacturers and products which have made unique and praiseworthy advances and are truly deserving of recognition.
Canon imageRUNNER Advance Monochrome Printers/Photocopiers – Extraordinary Reliability and High Productivity
The imageRUNNER Advance 6000 series of photocopiers was released in the UK in April/May 2010, introducing the many benefits of the imageRUNNER Advance platform to those looking for professional monochrome printing at the workgroup, departmental and CRD (Central Reprographics Department) level. Compared with the imageRUNNER 5000 photocopiers series it’s replaced, the imageRUNNER Advance 6000 monochrome printers have brought major improvements. The feature that first stands out, just glancing at the imageRUNNER Advance 6000 photocopiers is the interface – 8.4” or 10.4” colour SVGA screen as opposed to the 5.7” VGA on the iR5000 printers. There’s also improved media handling. The imageRUNNER Adv 6000 printers will accommodate paper at up to 256 gsm as opposed to 200 gsm and has a bypass capacity of 100 sheets, twice that of the outgoing iR 5000 photocopiers. And the scanning improvements are many. There’s now scanning, paper weights of up to 228gsm, a 300 sheet DADF capacity and truly rapid scanning at up to 200ipm. As for connectivity, the imageRUNNER Adv 6000 photocopiers provide iSend functionality with high compression PDF for quicker sending and will scan to and print from USB memory. There’s also an extensive array of finishing options, including an external staple finisher, external booklet finisher, a two hole punch and a 2/4 hole punch.
The imageRUNNER Advance 6000 BLI ‘Pick’ Awards
The larger imageRUNNER 8000 photocopiers series was awarded almost immediately after its release at the On Demand Expo in the US receiving Honourable Mention at the Expo’s ‘Best of Show’ Awards. Now it’s the turn of the iR Adv 6000 printers series with both the imageRUNNER Adv 6075 and the imageRUNNER Advance 6055 photocopiers receiving BLI ‘Pick of the Year’ Awards.
Both the iR Adv 6000 series photocopiers scored very well in the BLI’s evaluation for printing image quality and judges were particularly impressed with the improved ‘Quick Menu’ which greatly enhances ease of use and was something which helped earn other printers in the imageRUNNER Advance platform Fall 2009 ‘Outstanding Achievement’ Awards. Both printers also offer large memories and the highest capacity hard drives in their class. BLI also noted the improved media handling for both printing (or copying) and scanning. The printers’ MEAP software architecture provides possibilities for seamless integration into third-party solutions and an EFI Fiery controller is available on both the iR Adv 6075 and iR Adv 6075 Canon printers.
What really stood out for the BLI judges at the 2011 ‘Pick’ Awards with the imageRUNNER Adv 6000 photocopiers was what has really now become the hallmark of Canon multifunctional devices – reliability. George Mikolay, Senior Product Editor at BLI commented, “The imageRUNNER Advance 6075 and the imageRUNNER Advance 6055, based on the same engine, proved to be extraordinarily reliable in our durability test, demonstrating perfect reliability from start to finish over the course of 350,000 impressions,” adding, “When you also consider that both offer rated drum yields of 6,000,000 impressions – far and away the highest in the group…you have two workhorses that will handle the daily rigours of the office without a hitch.”
Both the Canon imageRUNNER Advance 6055 and the imageRUNNER Advance 6075 photocopiers are on sale now at all leading Canon Business Solutions Partners.